IAS PRE EXAM - CSAT
- RBI KEPT REPO RATE UNCHANGED
- IMF SLASHED INDIA’S GROWTH FORECAST TO 4.9 % FOR 2012
- 14 FDI PROPOSALS WORTH 113.35 CRORE RUPEES APPROVED
- AIRPORT DEVELOPMENT FEE TO BE OMITTED
- DEVELOPMENT OF
- NEW NON-PERMANENT MEMBER TO UNSC
- NEW CABINET PROPOSED BY PRIME MINISTER REJECTED IN LIBYA
- FRANCE OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED THE KILLINGS OF 1961 PARIS MASSACRE
- ABOUT THE INCIDENT
- ARABIC MADE ITS DEBUT AS OFF
- A salary plan that changes nothing
- Historical issue
- The solution
- Absolves the state
- Means greater than ends
- The feminisation of old age
- Ageing differently
- Angst of ageing
- ‘Longevity’ dividend
- No room for haste
- Paralysis is not an option
- Let’s no
The essence of democratic governance is Rule of law. Delayed justice, poor appreciation of evidence, and incapacity to apply constitutional and legal principles to real life situations play havoc with people’s lives. Failure of justice extracts a heavy toll from the society and economy.
Democracy in Lincoln’s famous words is “Government of the people, for the people, by the people’. The rudiments of democracy are wellknown. It is a form of government wherein every individual has a say. Democracy has come a long way since the classical times when Aristotle in his classification categorized it as a -perverted form of government.
In our eyes, nose and mouth, we have sensors for light, odours and flavours. Within the body, cells have similar sensors for hormones and signalling substances, such as adrenalin, serotonin, histamine and dopamine. As life evolved, cells have repeatedly used the same basic mechanism for reading their environment: G-protein– coupled receptors.
The Union Cabinet on 11 October 2012 approved the introduction of Amendments to the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986 in Parliament under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The amendments proposed are as:
The Indian economy has traditionally been an agrarian economy, where 70% of the population is dependent on agriculture as their primary source of livelihood. Significantly, land is also the most essential asset for the development and growth of any nation, particularly in the infrastructure sector.